- Man stabbed during fight at Metro station in Landover; two in custody, ages 15, 20
- Fire destroys mobile home in Russell County
- Fire causes damage at Bluff City boating retailer
- After Dove Debacle, Vatican Makes Balloons New Peace Symbol
- Yummy or yucky? The Marmite Easter egg: Treat to hit supermarket shelves next week alongside a plain chocolate 'Pot Noodle' egg
- Scotland's most expensive modern home up for sale for £3.4m
- Bud and June Runion VANISH after going to meet mystery Craigslist poster
- Thousands march in cities across Pakistan in protest against Charlie Hebdo for publishing cartoons of Prophet Mohammed
- Senate leader McConnell calls previous Congress 'dysfunctional' as GOP comrade Boehner defends decision to go behind Democrats' back with Netanyahu invite
- Angelina Jolie meets victims of the Islamic State at refugee camp in northern Iraq
Amber Tamblyn to make bright debut on Broadway next year
More from Entertainment
- Ashley Greene puts on leggy display in a pair of racy leather hotpants and FLAT shoes
- Daddy's girl! Lea Michele celebrates her father's birthday with a family hike... and it seems he shares her sense of fun
- Zac Efron proves he doesn't need to be shirtless to set temperatures soaring
- Britney Spears Cracks the Whip in 'Work B*tch' Music Video
- Rachael Leigh Cook and Daniel Gillies Welcome First Baby
Amber Tamblyn will make her debut on Broadway next year in Beth Henley’s comedy The Miss Firecracker Contest next spring. Tamblyn has already starred in House, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and Joan of Arcadia.
Tamblyn’s role in the Broadway show was announced on Tuesday by the show’s producers, reports The New York Times. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants actress will be joined by director Judith Ivey, a Tony Award-winning actress who will make her directing debut.
Ivey is currently appearing in the Broadway revival of The Heiress. Amber Tamblyn will make her Broadway debut as the star in the comedy, Carnelle Scott, a lonely woman in Mississippi who hopes that winning in the patriotic pageant will turn her life around.
The character was also a very important role in Holly Hunter’s early Broadway career, who played Carnelle Scott in the original Off Broadway production of the comedy.
Hunter played the role in 1984, then again when it was made into a film in 1989, where she starred alongside Mary Steenburgen and Time Robbins, according to The Denver Post.
Tamblyn’s Broadway debut will be the first time Beth Henley has graced the stage since 1982′s production of The Wake of Jamey Foster, which also starred Hunter. She also had another Broadway outing, Crimes of the Heart, which won the Pulitzer Prize for drama.
The actors gracing the stage during Amber Tamblyn’s Broadway debut have not yet been announced. The dates for the comedy, as well as the venue, will be announced soon.