- Maryland sheriff's deputy killed in King George crash
- Man flees Chesterfield police after traffic stop
- NYPD cop killer had long criminal record, history of mental instability
- Footballer sent off for warning of 'dog s**t' on Christian league pitch where swearing is forbidden (but red card overturned when it became clear the expletive was not a critique of the referee)
- Top of the hot chocs the very best hot chocolates to keep you warm this winter
- Maggie, Mandy and a most improbable friendship: Thought Profumo temptress Mandy Rice-Davies had no secrets left? Here's the most startling yet!
- How fathers' brains adapt to a newborn: They develop extra grey matter in areas linked to emotional needs and multi-tasking
- How British spies have lost track of our most dangerous criminals after Snowden revealed GCHQ's tactics
- 50 reasons why a woman DOESNT need a man Claudia Connell's response to Jane Gordon's reasons for needing a man
- £300m bid to find new cancer cures by mapping our DNA: Unlocking genetic code could lead to faster and more accurate diagnosis
'Boy Meets World' Turns the Table, Danielle Fishel, Ben Savage to Star in 'Girl Meets World'
More from Entertainment
- Ashley Greene puts on leggy display in a pair of racy leather hotpants and FLAT shoes
- Daddy's girl! Lea Michele celebrates her father's birthday with a family hike... and it seems he shares her sense of fun
- Zac Efron proves he doesn't need to be shirtless to set temperatures soaring
- Britney Spears Cracks the Whip in 'Work B*tch' Music Video
- Rachael Leigh Cook and Daniel Gillies Welcome First Baby
Nineties fans rejoice! Cory and Topanga are back.
Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel have officially signed on for the “Boy Meets World” reboot, “Girl Meets World.”
When “Boy Meets World” ended in 2000, newlyweds Cory and Topanga were headed to New York City after college. Now, the sequel series picks up years later and focuses on the pair’s 13-year-old daughter, Riley Matthews, who has yet to be cast.
Savage confirmed he will be reprising his beloved 90s character on his Twitter account.
Fishel, posted a blog on her Tumblr about the news, explaining that the fans of the original show helped finalize the sequel series with their enthusiasm once rumors of “Girl Meets World” began swirling.
“First of all, let me say that you, the fans of 'Boy Meets World,' have been awesome,” she wrote. “You, yes, even YOU, are the reason that 'Girl Meets World' WILL BE MADE.”
A rep for Disney confirmed the news to E! and noted that the original producer of the show, Michael Jacobs had signed on as well.
"The pilot is still in the very early stages of development with creator and executive producer Michael Jacobs, Emmy Award-winning creator/producer behind ‘Boy Meets World,’ ‘My Two Dads’ and ‘Charles In Charge,’ among others."
So now that the show has locked in the original stars and producer, fans may be wondering who else will return for the reboot. Fishel addressed that question in her blog, but admitted even she is not sure who else will want in on the new series.
“I do not know how many BMW cast members will be returning for GMW, or how often they may appear if and/or when they do appear,” she wrote.
Still, she assured fans the show would have the same “honesty, innocence, and intelligence” that “Boy Meets World” became known for.
“It will have familiar faces, familiar themes, and familiar messages. It will also have new faces, new themes, and new messages,” she wrote. “For those of you who knew and loved BMW, please allow this show to evolve as well. Stick with us. Give us a chance.”