- Gods Pit Crew Preparing to Bring Relief to TX, OK
- Anne Spencer House in Dire Need of Repairs
- Charlotte Co. Fights Back Against Unhealthy Trends
- Gods Storehouse Preparing to Bring Relief to TX, OK
- Health Check: To Drink or Not to Drink
- Page County Railway Museum Opens
- Valley Pizzeria Helps with World Multiple Sclerosis Day
- Forget the megayacht - here's the FLYING yacht
- 'OMG! A chasm?': Seismologist live tweets San Andreas from film's premier
- Gravely ill ex-congressman battling pancreatic cancer sues US government...and claims Capitol doctors failed to pass along critical information about lesion on his pancreas
Man Steals Tim Allen's Car Claiming to Be Actor's Adopted Son
More from Entertainment
- Kris Humphries Posts Mean Tweet After Bruce Jenner's Transition Interview
- De Niro backs Hillary for president: Hollywood icon and long-time Democrat supporter says Clinton has 'earned the right to be head of the country'
- Former rap mogul Suge Knight collapses in court after $25M bail set
- Ashley Greene puts on leggy display in a pair of racy leather hotpants and FLAT shoes
- Daddy's girl! Lea Michele celebrates her father's birthday with a family hike... and it seems he shares her sense of fun
A man behind bars in Denver is accused of driving off with some hot wheels — a customized 1996 Chevy Impala SS owned by actor Tim Allen — but claims it’s all a misunderstanding.
Faustino Ibarra, 34, told FOX affiliate KDVR that he’s the “Home Improvement” star’s adopted son and he let the funnyman know that he took the car.
“I emailed Tim, told him everything is fine, the car’s in perfect shape, I’m ready for you to come and get it and talk about me coming to live with you,” the inmate said.
Faustino Ibarra, who was arrested on theft charges, claims to be Tim Allen's adopted son.
Denver police say Ibarra allegedly swiped the vehicle on Thanksgiving Day from Allen, who recently purchased a home in the Hollywood Hills, driving it more than 1,000 miles to Denver. Allen, 59, was born in the Mile-High City, but raised in Michigan.
Ibarra said he didn’t break into Allen’s garage.
“He left the door open and he left me the keys so I could get the car and take it to Denver,” Ibarra told KDVR. His family in Denver saw the black Impala outside their home Friday and called police.
Actor Tim Allen shows off his customized Impala, which he said he took to awards shows.
Ibarra was arrested and booked into the Downtown Detention Center on Saturday for theft on an out-of-state offense, jail records show.
Allen’s prized possession was featured in a “Car and Driver” spot on TNN several years ago, when he said he liked rolling up at awards shows in the ride.
“For a while, it was the only car I drove in L.A.,” he said.