- Reflections on Marion Barry: Trailblazer who survived scandal
- Howard County Astronaut Has Launched Into Space
- Watch as lightning strike hits Newcastle building
- Remains of an ancient settlement found on the bottom of the Aegean sea
- SARAH VINE says food writer Jack Monroe sent heartless tweet is 'cruel and such a hypocrite'
- Six Tory Cabinet ministers 'would be ready to quit an unreformed EU'
- Sydney apartment block worth $250M almost sells out in one day
- UVA student leaders respond to 'campus 'rape culture'
- VDOT's snow budget not much different from last year
- Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson shooting
Man Steals Tim Allen's Car Claiming to Be Actor's Adopted Son
More from Entertainment
- Ashley Greene puts on leggy display in a pair of racy leather hotpants and FLAT shoes
- Daddy's girl! Lea Michele celebrates her father's birthday with a family hike... and it seems he shares her sense of fun
- Zac Efron proves he doesn't need to be shirtless to set temperatures soaring
- Britney Spears Cracks the Whip in 'Work B*tch' Music Video
- Rachael Leigh Cook and Daniel Gillies Welcome First Baby
A man behind bars in Denver is accused of driving off with some hot wheels — a customized 1996 Chevy Impala SS owned by actor Tim Allen — but claims it’s all a misunderstanding.
Faustino Ibarra, 34, told FOX affiliate KDVR that he’s the “Home Improvement” star’s adopted son and he let the funnyman know that he took the car.
“I emailed Tim, told him everything is fine, the car’s in perfect shape, I’m ready for you to come and get it and talk about me coming to live with you,” the inmate said.
Faustino Ibarra, who was arrested on theft charges, claims to be Tim Allen's adopted son.
Denver police say Ibarra allegedly swiped the vehicle on Thanksgiving Day from Allen, who recently purchased a home in the Hollywood Hills, driving it more than 1,000 miles to Denver. Allen, 59, was born in the Mile-High City, but raised in Michigan.
Ibarra said he didn’t break into Allen’s garage.
“He left the door open and he left me the keys so I could get the car and take it to Denver,” Ibarra told KDVR. His family in Denver saw the black Impala outside their home Friday and called police.
Actor Tim Allen shows off his customized Impala, which he said he took to awards shows.
Ibarra was arrested and booked into the Downtown Detention Center on Saturday for theft on an out-of-state offense, jail records show.
Allen’s prized possession was featured in a “Car and Driver” spot on TNN several years ago, when he said he liked rolling up at awards shows in the ride.
“For a while, it was the only car I drove in L.A.,” he said.