- Man accused in Ferguson police shooting to seek lower bond
- Violence wanes in Chicago, but fear looms over mayor's race
- First China air force drills in 'far offshore' Pacific
- Coronation Street's youngest stars are TRIPLETS playing teen Faye Windass's baby
- 'Dementia' victims who are just depressed or low on vitamins: Continuing our series, the patients told it's Alzheimer's when their real problems could be easily cured
- He leapt on stage like a horse taking a water jump: QUENTIN LETTS sees the Prime Minister set off at a gallop
- Sex in Britain 2015: The women who have become so dissatisfied in the bedroom that they have NO interest in sex
- Mother of three, 39, arrested after her baby 'nearly died choking on a cigarette butt' when she left them home alone to drink in bar
- Friend of Russian mother who killed her two young daughters reveals she didn't let her son have playdates at the house because husband kept 'at least a hundred guns'
- Children who try wine at 11 'more likely to binge drink': Youngsters four times more likely to have been drunk peers who hadn't tried alcohol
Man Steals Tim Allen's Car Claiming to Be Actor's Adopted Son
More from Entertainment
- Former rap mogul Suge Knight collapses in court after $25M bail set
- Ashley Greene puts on leggy display in a pair of racy leather hotpants and FLAT shoes
- Daddy's girl! Lea Michele celebrates her father's birthday with a family hike... and it seems he shares her sense of fun
- Zac Efron proves he doesn't need to be shirtless to set temperatures soaring
- Britney Spears Cracks the Whip in 'Work B*tch' Music Video
A man behind bars in Denver is accused of driving off with some hot wheels — a customized 1996 Chevy Impala SS owned by actor Tim Allen — but claims it’s all a misunderstanding.
Faustino Ibarra, 34, told FOX affiliate KDVR that he’s the “Home Improvement” star’s adopted son and he let the funnyman know that he took the car.
“I emailed Tim, told him everything is fine, the car’s in perfect shape, I’m ready for you to come and get it and talk about me coming to live with you,” the inmate said.
Faustino Ibarra, who was arrested on theft charges, claims to be Tim Allen's adopted son.
Denver police say Ibarra allegedly swiped the vehicle on Thanksgiving Day from Allen, who recently purchased a home in the Hollywood Hills, driving it more than 1,000 miles to Denver. Allen, 59, was born in the Mile-High City, but raised in Michigan.
Ibarra said he didn’t break into Allen’s garage.
“He left the door open and he left me the keys so I could get the car and take it to Denver,” Ibarra told KDVR. His family in Denver saw the black Impala outside their home Friday and called police.
Actor Tim Allen shows off his customized Impala, which he said he took to awards shows.
Ibarra was arrested and booked into the Downtown Detention Center on Saturday for theft on an out-of-state offense, jail records show.
Allen’s prized possession was featured in a “Car and Driver” spot on TNN several years ago, when he said he liked rolling up at awards shows in the ride.
“For a while, it was the only car I drove in L.A.,” he said.