- Horrific injuries of frail 89-year-old beaten up and left for dead on his own doorstep
- Pregnant Ferguson woman loses her EYE after police shoot her car with bean bag during violent protests
- Senior policeman on duty during Plebgate row feels sorry for Andrew Mitchell and slams Scotland Yard's handling of issue
- Malaysia Airlines removes tweet promoting flight sales and apologises after outrage from followers who link it to missing MH370
- 'I saw men walking on Mars in 1979': 'Former Nasa employee' claims there was a secret manned mission to the red planet
- 'Off switch' for pain discovered: Brain receptor could hold key to alleviating suffering in cancer patients
- It's not quite Disneyland! China opens bleak-looking Hello Kitty theme park... but it cost £230MILLION to build
- Pizza Hut launches digital menu that reads your mind
- Crowd capture 'thief' by wrapping him in clingfilm after he allegedly tries to rob an old man at knifepoint in Chile
- A complete guide to how flying affects your health (and what you can do to combat it)
Man Steals Tim Allen's Car Claiming to Be Actor's Adopted Son
More from Entertainment
- Ashley Greene puts on leggy display in a pair of racy leather hotpants and FLAT shoes
- Daddy's girl! Lea Michele celebrates her father's birthday with a family hike... and it seems he shares her sense of fun
- Zac Efron proves he doesn't need to be shirtless to set temperatures soaring
- Britney Spears Cracks the Whip in 'Work B*tch' Music Video
- Rachael Leigh Cook and Daniel Gillies Welcome First Baby
A man behind bars in Denver is accused of driving off with some hot wheels — a customized 1996 Chevy Impala SS owned by actor Tim Allen — but claims it’s all a misunderstanding.
Faustino Ibarra, 34, told FOX affiliate KDVR that he’s the “Home Improvement” star’s adopted son and he let the funnyman know that he took the car.
“I emailed Tim, told him everything is fine, the car’s in perfect shape, I’m ready for you to come and get it and talk about me coming to live with you,” the inmate said.
Faustino Ibarra, who was arrested on theft charges, claims to be Tim Allen's adopted son.
Denver police say Ibarra allegedly swiped the vehicle on Thanksgiving Day from Allen, who recently purchased a home in the Hollywood Hills, driving it more than 1,000 miles to Denver. Allen, 59, was born in the Mile-High City, but raised in Michigan.
Ibarra said he didn’t break into Allen’s garage.
“He left the door open and he left me the keys so I could get the car and take it to Denver,” Ibarra told KDVR. His family in Denver saw the black Impala outside their home Friday and called police.
Actor Tim Allen shows off his customized Impala, which he said he took to awards shows.
Ibarra was arrested and booked into the Downtown Detention Center on Saturday for theft on an out-of-state offense, jail records show.
Allen’s prized possession was featured in a “Car and Driver” spot on TNN several years ago, when he said he liked rolling up at awards shows in the ride.
“For a while, it was the only car I drove in L.A.,” he said.