- Stabbing Victim's Family Holds Vigil
- Emails Between Rolling Stone Author, UVA Officials
- AP Sources: 2nd NYC Cop Killed in Ambush Shooting
- AP Source: US Seeks China's Help after Cyberattack
- Japan’s pet owners shower furry ones with holiday gifts, cakes and even vacations
- Farage 'abused power' to save Ukip candidate in racism storm: Email reveals he overturned ban on party 'golden boy'
- Police warn pickpockets in the only language they understand... Romanian: Sign placed in Covent Garden during Christmas shopping rush
- Is this the most selfless mother of all?: Inspiring courage of the British Army Colonel who left her young children at Christmas to fight ebola in Sierra Leone
- 'Weak' Miliband blasted for giving immigration rebel plum job after he threatened to walk out of Shadow Cabinet
- Two New York police officers shot in Brooklyn
Psy's 'Gangnam Style' Beats Bieber Views
More from Entertainment
- Ashley Greene puts on leggy display in a pair of racy leather hotpants and FLAT shoes
- Daddy's girl! Lea Michele celebrates her father's birthday with a family hike... and it seems he shares her sense of fun
- Zac Efron proves he doesn't need to be shirtless to set temperatures soaring
- Britney Spears Cracks the Whip in 'Work B*tch' Music Video
- Rachael Leigh Cook and Daniel Gillies Welcome First Baby
Overnight success is in the eye of the beholder. Korean pop sensation Psy has been plugging away at his craft for years, but over the past six months his "Gangnam Style" video has turned him into an instant global sensation.
How big is he? Over Thanksgiving weekend he blew by his record label homie Justin Bieber and took the all-time YouTube most-viewed record with 826 million views, with an average of 7-10 million screenings a day.
"#GangnamStyle just became the most watched video @YouTube!! #History," Psy tweeted on Friday. http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/836607/psys-gangnam-style-frame-by-frame.jhtml
Just to put that in perspective, "Style" has racked those gaudy numbers up since July 15 of this year, while Bieber's clip (which has 805 million views) has been online since February 2010 and still gets between 300,000 and 500,000 looks a day.
"Style" is also the most "liked" video ever on YouTube, with nearly 5.5 million likes and 337,000 dislikes, while Bieber is well behind at 1.4 million likes to 3.2 million dislikes. It's a good thing that the 34-yer-old Korean singer is signed to Schoolboy Records, which is run by Bieber's manager Scooter Braun.
Take a frame-by-frame look at Psy's record-breaking video!
When MTV News spoke to Psy in September about his rocket ride to fame, he said the clip that was originally meant to be for his fanbase in Korea and not to spark an international firestorm.
"With this video and director we kept on focusing on to be ridiculous as possible, that was our point," he said. "So we were so serious thinking to be ridiculous."
Psy, recently shut it down with a show-closing hookup with the pre-viral video master of hype MC Hammer at the American Music Awards, just days after doing his horsey dance with Madonna during one of her New York shows.