- Local downtown businesses welcomed plenty of Black Friday shoppers
- Would you pay £500,000 for this? Classic car dealer spends more than half a million pounds on personalised number plate
- For sale, a £37,000 teddy bears' picnic: Collector expected to pocket £100,000 from auction of 32 bears
- 32nd Annual Country Christmas Craft show now underway
- Whoville In Jonesborough
- Local artisans show off their wares
- Patients to sue HIV-risk dentist: More than 100 patients of 'dirty' millionaire surgeon could receive payouts of up to £20,000
- He clenched his fist, pumped his lips... a flare of anger in his voice: QUENTIN LETTS sees Dave raise a warning finger to the Van Eurosnoots, yesterday in Parliament
- Britain's STILL on Benefits Street: For years the BBC and the Left have howled about spending cuts - the truth is that welfare and public spending have barely been cut at all
- Koran should be read at Prince Charles' coronation says top bishop
Psy's 'Gangnam Style' Beats Bieber Views
More from Entertainment
- Ashley Greene puts on leggy display in a pair of racy leather hotpants and FLAT shoes
- Daddy's girl! Lea Michele celebrates her father's birthday with a family hike... and it seems he shares her sense of fun
- Zac Efron proves he doesn't need to be shirtless to set temperatures soaring
- Britney Spears Cracks the Whip in 'Work B*tch' Music Video
- Rachael Leigh Cook and Daniel Gillies Welcome First Baby
Overnight success is in the eye of the beholder. Korean pop sensation Psy has been plugging away at his craft for years, but over the past six months his "Gangnam Style" video has turned him into an instant global sensation.
How big is he? Over Thanksgiving weekend he blew by his record label homie Justin Bieber and took the all-time YouTube most-viewed record with 826 million views, with an average of 7-10 million screenings a day.
"#GangnamStyle just became the most watched video @YouTube!! #History," Psy tweeted on Friday. http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/836607/psys-gangnam-style-frame-by-frame.jhtml
Just to put that in perspective, "Style" has racked those gaudy numbers up since July 15 of this year, while Bieber's clip (which has 805 million views) has been online since February 2010 and still gets between 300,000 and 500,000 looks a day.
"Style" is also the most "liked" video ever on YouTube, with nearly 5.5 million likes and 337,000 dislikes, while Bieber is well behind at 1.4 million likes to 3.2 million dislikes. It's a good thing that the 34-yer-old Korean singer is signed to Schoolboy Records, which is run by Bieber's manager Scooter Braun.
Take a frame-by-frame look at Psy's record-breaking video!
When MTV News spoke to Psy in September about his rocket ride to fame, he said the clip that was originally meant to be for his fanbase in Korea and not to spark an international firestorm.
"With this video and director we kept on focusing on to be ridiculous as possible, that was our point," he said. "So we were so serious thinking to be ridiculous."
Psy, recently shut it down with a show-closing hookup with the pre-viral video master of hype MC Hammer at the American Music Awards, just days after doing his horsey dance with Madonna during one of her New York shows.