- WorldViews: Saudi prince pledges to give away his fortune — all $32 billion of it
- WorldViews: MAP: Greece isn’t the first nation to default on a sovereign debt
- WorldViews: Greece, on the brink of collapse, is receiving the largest numbers of refugees in Europe
- More than 100 had contact with Liberian teen who contracted Ebola
- Bankruptcy is a real possibility for Greece. Does its leader have a plan?
- The tax disc fiasco and the lesson the State never learns by STEPHEN GLOVER
- #sunburnart trend warned against by dermatologists over cancer risk
- David Cameron 'bullied by Boris Johnsonon Heathrow' over third runway
- UCL has one rule for hate preachers and another for Tim Hunt by Bel Mooney
- Twisters, Fabs and Calippos: How to make your favourite ice lollies
Psy's 'Gangnam Style' Beats Bieber Views
More from Entertainment
- Kris Humphries Posts Mean Tweet After Bruce Jenner's Transition Interview
- De Niro backs Hillary for president: Hollywood icon and long-time Democrat supporter says Clinton has 'earned the right to be head of the country'
- Ashley Greene puts on leggy display in a pair of racy leather hotpants and FLAT shoes
- Daddy's girl! Lea Michele celebrates her father's birthday with a family hike... and it seems he shares her sense of fun
- Zac Efron proves he doesn't need to be shirtless to set temperatures soaring
Overnight success is in the eye of the beholder. Korean pop sensation Psy has been plugging away at his craft for years, but over the past six months his "Gangnam Style" video has turned him into an instant global sensation.
How big is he? Over Thanksgiving weekend he blew by his record label homie Justin Bieber and took the all-time YouTube most-viewed record with 826 million views, with an average of 7-10 million screenings a day.
"#GangnamStyle just became the most watched video @YouTube!! #History," Psy tweeted on Friday. http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/836607/psys-gangnam-style-frame-by-frame.jhtml
Just to put that in perspective, "Style" has racked those gaudy numbers up since July 15 of this year, while Bieber's clip (which has 805 million views) has been online since February 2010 and still gets between 300,000 and 500,000 looks a day.
"Style" is also the most "liked" video ever on YouTube, with nearly 5.5 million likes and 337,000 dislikes, while Bieber is well behind at 1.4 million likes to 3.2 million dislikes. It's a good thing that the 34-yer-old Korean singer is signed to Schoolboy Records, which is run by Bieber's manager Scooter Braun.
Take a frame-by-frame look at Psy's record-breaking video!
When MTV News spoke to Psy in September about his rocket ride to fame, he said the clip that was originally meant to be for his fanbase in Korea and not to spark an international firestorm.
"With this video and director we kept on focusing on to be ridiculous as possible, that was our point," he said. "So we were so serious thinking to be ridiculous."
Psy, recently shut it down with a show-closing hookup with the pre-viral video master of hype MC Hammer at the American Music Awards, just days after doing his horsey dance with Madonna during one of her New York shows.