- DOJ preparing corruption charges against NJ Sen. Menendez
- Daylight saving time arrives Sunday: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Ski resorts anticipate busy weekend following March snowstorm
- 2 Ferguson police officers quit; court clerk fired after Justice Dept. report
- Man exposes himself outside Manassas City church before sexually assaulting woman in parking lot
- BLOG: Viviano And Machado
- As Snow Melts, Potholes Pop Up Around the Lynchburg Area
- Dresses made out of CRAYONS are surprisingly wearable
- Protester threw marbles at MPs shouting 'you are all liars' during Prime Minister's questions
- Claude Gueant investigated by Sarkozy corruption inquiry
Resident Evil's Milla Jovovich Is the Coolest Female Action Star
More from Entertainment
- Ashley Greene puts on leggy display in a pair of racy leather hotpants and FLAT shoes
- Daddy's girl! Lea Michele celebrates her father's birthday with a family hike... and it seems he shares her sense of fun
- Zac Efron proves he doesn't need to be shirtless to set temperatures soaring
- Britney Spears Cracks the Whip in 'Work B*tch' Music Video
- Rachael Leigh Cook and Daniel Gillies Welcome First Baby
When Resident Evil: Retribution hits theaters this weekend, the film's star Milla Jovovich will dethrone Sigourney Weaver to become the new queen of sci-fi. Weaver's reign as Lt. Ripley spanned four Alien films, but Jovovich's gun-toting, undead slicing Alice is now five movies (and counting!) strong. Is that a good thing? Milla has been kicking butt for the past two decades so we're saying Multipass yes. Kate Beckinsale, Chloë Grace Moretz, heck, even Angelina Jolie, should bow their heads. All hail Milla!
Here are five reasons why when there's a zombie to kill (and barely anything to wear) the woman you want to clone is Milla Jovovich.
1. She Does Just About All of Her Own Stunts: This actually makes her more badass than most male action heroes. (Although Jackie Chan is still the real champ.) No one else gives zombie dogs those high-flying kicks (RE1), traverses down a real skyscraper with both guns blazing (RE2), or single-handedly lands a plane on a rooftop (RE4, OK, that was fake). The trailer for Retribution, with her somersaults and other gravity-defying moves promises more awesomeness.
2. She's Fashion Designer and Frequent Tweeter: Jovovich tweets all the time, about everything, including her adorable daughter Ever Gabo (whose father is RE director Paul W.S. Anderson). And if the outfit she's wearing is cool and post apocalyptic (RE3) there's a chance she designed it herself via her Jovovich-Hawk line. Speaking of clothes...
3. Milla Makes Anything Look Sexy: The actress made bandages sizzle way before Beckinsale wore that Underworld cat suit. Geeks everywhere first took notice of Milla when she was literally created onscreen (directed by her then husband Luc Besson) in The Fifth Element. She wore little and said even less but we all remember "Korben Dallas, Leeloo Multipass!" Sadly, she never did that flaming red 'do again.
4. Milla Keeps It Real: On planet earth Jovovich, has us invested with real world stuff like con men, thieves and aliens. Even without all the crazy FX, and stunning imaginary worlds, she's pretty compelling (and shocking!) in a more down to earth role like in A Perfect Getaway.
5. Her Name is Alice: The Resident Evil series is just more fun than anything else. Unlike the deadly serious Underworld, Kick Ass or even Salt, the video game-adapted series is extremely re-watchable. A whole lot of fun. But can anyone tell us exactly what has happened? Maybe that's why we rewatch. We know Alice starts out as some covert spy to take down the evil Umbrella Corporation, but soon she's got superpowers (then loses them) and then is cloned (no more of those either), and in the latest installment, it looks like all her favorite companions have come back from the dead to battle the undead. As long as she's fighting along side Michelle Rodriguez (back from RE1), we are stoked.
Have we convinced you to join Team Milla?! Did we not give props to your favorite sci-fi babe? Sound off in the comments!