- Virginia Tech board approves tuition and fee increases
- Parents publicly shame teens for damaging property, lying to police
- Fairfax Police: Escaped prisoner captured
- Gas leak on 8th between Grace and Franklin
- Former Chesterfield coach sentenced to 79 years for sex crimes
- Washington moms design girls? science-themed line after only finding boys? clothing
- Muriel Bowser to deliver her 1st 'State of the District' speech
- Dogs attack and injure 2 children and 2 adults in Norfolk
- Iran nuclear talks to continue in new phase
- Escaped Va. Prisoner Captured By Police After Escaping Hospital
Kathy Bates Recovering From Double Mastectomy
More from Entertainment
- Former rap mogul Suge Knight collapses in court after $25M bail set
- Ashley Greene puts on leggy display in a pair of racy leather hotpants and FLAT shoes
- Daddy's girl! Lea Michele celebrates her father's birthday with a family hike... and it seems he shares her sense of fun
- Zac Efron proves he doesn't need to be shirtless to set temperatures soaring
- Britney Spears Cracks the Whip in 'Work B*tch' Music Video
Actress Kathy Bates is recovering after having a double mastectomy, a publicist confirmed Wednesday.
Bates, nominated for an Emmy for her lead role in the TV drama series "Harry's Law," was diagnosed with breast cancer two months ago, the actress tweeted.
Her publicist said she hasn't had to undergo chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
"I don't miss my breasts as much as I miss Harry's Law. ;-) Thanks for all the sweet tweets. Y'all kept me going," Bates tweeted.
Bates, 64, is best known for winning an Academy Award for Best Actress in the 1991 movie "Misery."
She earned Academy Award nominations as Best Supporting Actress for "Primary Colors" and "About Schmidt."
The Emmy Awards are September 23. Bates also is nominated in the Outstanding Guest Actress category for a guest appearance on the comedy "Two and a Half Men."
Bates battled ovarian cancer in 2004.