- In El Salvador, beatification of slain archbishop reopens old wounds
- Edinburgh man wins Sky payout after BILLING them £25 an hour for time wasted
- 20,000 live in rabbit hutch rooms in just one borough! Number living in multiple occupation is 70 times estimate
- As jihadi barbarians capture their greatest treasure yet... Will ISIS turn this jewel of the desert to rubble?
- Frozen hamburgers! Northeast braces fora frosty Memorial Day weekend
- Armed elderly woman shots at crisis-negotiation robot as even tear gas fails to move her after 12 hour stand-off with deputies
- Pentagon chiefs wasted $36million on lavish Afghan military base THREE generals tried to shut down - and nobody ever used
- Boy who killed his father's heavily pregnant fiancée at age of 11 to stop new baby from getting his bedroom will NOT get a new trial
- How murdered maid spent 13 years sending money home to her children in El Salvador to pay for their education - and was excitedly planning to rejoin them this year
- VCU slams past Saint Louis, advances in A-10 winners' bracket
Kathy Bates Recovering From Double Mastectomy
More from Entertainment
- Kris Humphries Posts Mean Tweet After Bruce Jenner's Transition Interview
- De Niro backs Hillary for president: Hollywood icon and long-time Democrat supporter says Clinton has 'earned the right to be head of the country'
- Former rap mogul Suge Knight collapses in court after $25M bail set
- Ashley Greene puts on leggy display in a pair of racy leather hotpants and FLAT shoes
- Daddy's girl! Lea Michele celebrates her father's birthday with a family hike... and it seems he shares her sense of fun
Actress Kathy Bates is recovering after having a double mastectomy, a publicist confirmed Wednesday.
Bates, nominated for an Emmy for her lead role in the TV drama series "Harry's Law," was diagnosed with breast cancer two months ago, the actress tweeted.
Her publicist said she hasn't had to undergo chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
"I don't miss my breasts as much as I miss Harry's Law. ;-) Thanks for all the sweet tweets. Y'all kept me going," Bates tweeted.
Bates, 64, is best known for winning an Academy Award for Best Actress in the 1991 movie "Misery."
She earned Academy Award nominations as Best Supporting Actress for "Primary Colors" and "About Schmidt."
The Emmy Awards are September 23. Bates also is nominated in the Outstanding Guest Actress category for a guest appearance on the comedy "Two and a Half Men."
Bates battled ovarian cancer in 2004.