- Governor & top state officials disclose gifts
- More Bang For Your Buck: Get the most for your clothing resale
- 5 Things About ‘The Interview’ from Someone Who Has Seen It
- Abingdon man admits to having child porn on his phone
- Understanding the ACA and Health Insurance Marketplace
- Ronald McDonald House decks the halls for Christmas
- ETSU Football schedule for 2015 released
- Virginia standardized test structure changes
- New charges against John Battle teacher
- Domestic violence call ended in standoff, charges
Kathy Bates Recovering From Double Mastectomy
More from Entertainment
- Ashley Greene puts on leggy display in a pair of racy leather hotpants and FLAT shoes
- Daddy's girl! Lea Michele celebrates her father's birthday with a family hike... and it seems he shares her sense of fun
- Zac Efron proves he doesn't need to be shirtless to set temperatures soaring
- Britney Spears Cracks the Whip in 'Work B*tch' Music Video
- Rachael Leigh Cook and Daniel Gillies Welcome First Baby
Actress Kathy Bates is recovering after having a double mastectomy, a publicist confirmed Wednesday.
Bates, nominated for an Emmy for her lead role in the TV drama series "Harry's Law," was diagnosed with breast cancer two months ago, the actress tweeted.
Her publicist said she hasn't had to undergo chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
"I don't miss my breasts as much as I miss Harry's Law. ;-) Thanks for all the sweet tweets. Y'all kept me going," Bates tweeted.
Bates, 64, is best known for winning an Academy Award for Best Actress in the 1991 movie "Misery."
She earned Academy Award nominations as Best Supporting Actress for "Primary Colors" and "About Schmidt."
The Emmy Awards are September 23. Bates also is nominated in the Outstanding Guest Actress category for a guest appearance on the comedy "Two and a Half Men."
Bates battled ovarian cancer in 2004.